Twi-Mobile has a new home on Wordpress.com!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://twimobile.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Important Twi-Mobile Admin Note and Fanfiction.net Goes Mobile

Important Twi-Mobile admin note

Reminder that if your mofuse blog goes down please redirect to http://twimobile.prohost.mobi/

That is my paid Mofuse blog and it will have the RSS feed for all Twi-Mobile members and will still work even if your mofuse blogs go under unexpected server maintenance.
********************
My apologies to everyone who follows both my blogs as this is a partial cross post. This news was just too  important to not put both places.
By the way I changed my avatar here and on Twitter to my Bella and Edward figurines - I was a bit tired of looking at my own face. Click here for my post about them.

my new Avatar
Those of you who read fanfic and have been following my blog know that I've made it my mission in life to do everything from my iPhone. I've even gone to great lengths to try and get fanfiction.net stories onto my iPhone and iPod touch and written tutorials for you guys as well.

Sunday was the release of the final chapter of Master of the Universe by Snowdragon Icequeens. It's Chapter 87 and this fic has finally finished after 8 months of wonderful reading bliss.

I was so happy when my email alert from fanfiction.net came with this at the end



See the Mobile? Too exciting. It's about frickin time.

If you click on the mobile version this is how the story looks from my iPhone.



To jump chapters you can scroll to the bottom or press Menu at the top.



This even lets you Review, Add Story or Author as Favourite, and Follow Story or Author.


What happens if you go to a regular desktop fanfiction.net URL? Nothing, as in there is no automatic detection and redirection for mobile devices.

But it's easy to get to the mobile version of any fanfiction.net story.

Just replace the www with an m

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5368782/87/
becomes
http://m.fanfiction.net/s/5368782/87/

Side tutorial - How do you do select and replace text on an iPhone?

First hold your finger down on the www part of the URL until you get the magnifying glass.


Then tap on Select, not Select All.


You should get a Cut/Copy/Paste box showing a highlighted www part. Don't click on any of those options.


Now just type m to replace the www and you'll get the correct URL. Then press Go at the bottom right and you're there.

So if you don't mind reading fanfiction.net online this is the quickest way. If you have to read it offline then still follow the tutorial here.

By the way here are some iPhone wallpapers I made for myself this week.



You can find them and my other wallpapers at the iPhone Wallpaper Archive.

Lastly, notice my new buttons on the right sidebar for Twitter, RSS, email? Well there's a new button you may not recognize

.
It's for tumblr - my new microblog - I'll explain it next time. For now just go ahead and click on it to check it out. Don't forget to click the Archive button when you're there - the Archive gallery is so pretty!

1 comment:

RobzSinger said...

thanks for all the info. i added you on my blog roll.

megan

http://robzsinger.blogspot.com